Federal Skilled Worker Program
The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is for immigrants to Canada who are selected as permanent residents based on their ability to become economically established in Canada. The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) Express Entry is administered by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, the department responsible for immigration to Canada.
The FSWP became a part of the Express Entry Program on January 1st 2015. The Federal Skilled Worker Visa for Canada is the most popular way of applying for migration to Canada.
Features of this visa:
- Canada Immigration or Canada PR Federal Skilled Worker Visa allows you to work in Canada without the need to be sponsored by an employer or a Canadian work permit
- Successful applicants are free to work without any constraints/restrictions, unlike a work permit
- After three years of stay in the country, the applicant can apply for Canadian citizenship
- Once you get your Canadian Passport & Citizenship, you can travel to many countries in the world without a visa
- You can also sponsor your immediate family & relatives to join you in Canada
- Canadian permanent residences include access to government subsidized education and healthcare (Medicare)
- Unrestricted access to Canada’s labour market and associated insurance and pension benefits
- The PR visa is now granted in 6-12 months instead of the previous 3+years
Selection factors that impact Express Entry route to enter Canada as skilled worker:
- Language skills in English and/or French
- Work experience
- A valid job offer from an employer in Canada
- Adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here)Other requirements include
- You must be “admissible” under Canada’s immigration law.
- You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
- You are able to legally work in Canada
- Language – Minimum threshold of 16 points, Maximum of 28 points
- Education – Maximum of 25 points
- Employment Experience – Minimum of 9 points, Maximum of 15 points
- Age – Maximum of 12 points
- Arranged Employment – 0 or 10 points
- Adaptability – Maximum of 10 points
The processing time is around 6 months and may vary from one application to another. Application fee is affordable. Documentation is not cumbersome either. The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) underwent dramatic regulatory changes in 2012, 2015 and then again in 2016. While an applicant may have studied the Federal Skilled Worker in the past, we encourage all prospective clients to get reacquainted with the new program criteria. However, to make the whole process further trouble-free, do communicate with our immigration experts from Canada department.
What we assist you with:
- Documents Checklist.
- Complete Application Processing.
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing.
- Updates & Follow up .
- Airport Pickup*.
- Relocation Orientation.
- Job Search Assistance*.
*These services are provided at an additional cost.