Admission Requirements in USA Education:
The admission requirement may vary based on the student’s qualification and also it varies from institution to institution in USA. The candidate must be at least 18 years old to apply for college or universities for higher education, if the student’s age is under 18 and who do not have high school or equivalent must appear in the test which is required by the college or university. Each US University or college has its own standards for admission and the institute management shortlist the applicants which meets their standards.
International students have to enquire about the US universities and colleges and then they can acquire the admission forms. First of all, the students have to understand the requirements, policies, terms and conditions of the college and they can apply for education in multiple colleges. The students can refer multiple sources like internet, advertisements and magazines to choose the colleges this makes them easier to take a clear decision.
Before admission, the students have to apply for passport and they have to prepare for passport interview, visa process and the required examination.
Certificates Required for Admission:
- Filled application form of the particular college for the required course.
- Passport and Visa.
- All the academic records and certificates.
- Required bank balance to prove the students ability to pay tuition fees, living cost and airfare.
- Immigration of visa for the required period.
- Research applications require a certified copy of passport and a copy of research proposal.
- International students must certify in the English language proficiency test like IELTS, TOEFL or they must have medium of instruction in English in their past studies.
Requirements for the bachelor’s degree admission are given below:
- International students must complete the twelve years of academic education.
- Previous educational qualification and the career experience and also have to prove it by providing certificates for the educational qualification and experience.
- Visa and passport.
- Resume of the applicant.
- Completed application form that contains all the details of the students like educational qualification, career experience, personal details, career achievements, degree course which he likes to study, project details, citizenship, visa and passport details and also have to attach the certificates with the application form.
- Letter of Intent (LOI) that describes why the student is undertaking a degree and intentions to study in the particular college or institutions.
- English language proficiency test certificates of IELTS, TOEFL or medium of instruction of the applicant must be in English in their high school.
- Immigration history and official transcript.
Requirements for master’s degree admission is same as the undergraduate admission requirements but additionally the international students have to provide the under graduation certificates with required minimum GPA in the particular field of study, research programs undertaken in the under graduation and the related documents.
A Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and the required score in the exam, it is based on the institution.
All the requirements mentioned above are necessary for doctorate admission additionally post graduation certificates, research programs certificates in post graduation and related documents are required and also students have to appear in the doctorate entrance exam. Required scores in the English language proficiency test of TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson Test of English.
Thus the colleges and universities in USA evaluating the applicants and selecting only the eligible students.